- Responsible for the management and oversight of Lab Analysts including hiring, setting performance expectations, providing performance feedback, development of staff and handling of personnel issues.
- Responsible for the operation and functions of the laboratory group which includes: Raw Materials, In-Process, Projects, Validation, MEC, Reference Standards, Stability, Test Method Transfers and Co-validation
- Evaluation of laboratory data, and based upon knowledge and experience, determines the sample disposition of materials tested.
- Identifies aspects of the tests or results warranting further attention and implements corrective actions.
- Write/updates procedures for operation, calibration and training of laboratory instruments as well as laboratory practices. Responsible for review and maintenance of all laboratory procedures.
- Ensure inventory of chemical laboratory reference standards and laboratory supplies.
- Schedules laboratory testing and data verification to meet customer needs.
- Assists in the periodic inspection of laboratory facilities, to assure that they are operated and administered according to GMP/GLP and safety requirements.
- Assists lab analysts with analytical instrumentation.
- Maintains track and trend program in functional area.
Education & Experience:
- BS in science (Chemistry, Microbiology, or Biology preferred) or equivalent experience
- 2-5 years of laboratory experience
- 2-5 years of supervisory experience
- Demonstrated skills to deal effectively with members of the department and the areas serviced by the laboratory.
- Excellent problem-solving skills are required
- Must be able to interpret impact of laboratory data for appropriate and effective actions.
- Must be able to identify problem areas requiring development, maintenance, production, engineering, accounting, or planning with assistance from more senior staff.
•Must also be able to identify, communicate, and follow-through to completion and assist in the development of necessary corrective action plans to resolve the problem with supervision. May also assist in the activities required for the investigation
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Josh Barnes on 021-4911066 or email email@example.com