QC Laboratory Analyst-West Cork
The QC Lab Analyst will be responsible for the chemical analysis of a wide range of raw / in-process samples and final products.
Overview of Main Responsibilities (full job description available on request):
- Chemical analysis of raw materials, environment, water, in-process, and final product samples in assigned areas.
- Report daily analysis results and investigate deviations or out-of-specification results, ensuring correct analysis interpretation, and reporting for further assessment by Manager if required.
- Compile results, trends, and investigations and report to management personnel on a periodic basis.
- Take ownership for asset care and maintenance of laboratory equipment - operation, service, & calibration of instrumentation in the laboratory and at-line, including external/third-party certification.
- Participate in internal and external proficiency schemes. Maintain records for regulatory requirements.
- Participate in and maintain laboratory accreditation relevant to assigned duties.
- Demonstrate basic housekeeping skills, order and maintain stock levels of consumables within the laboratory and store areas.
- Perform non-routine activities and project/development work that may be assigned as required (example: method development, instrumentation setup, and validation).
- Support Product Allocation and Release including Sensory / Shelf-life evaluation of final products.
- Continue improving proficiency in analyses and ensuring analyses are conducted on time, and ensure throughput is maintained at maximum in areas of responsibility.
- Participate in 5S-Lean, H&S, and improvement projects.
What the ideal candidate looks like:
- Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Analytical Science, or related science discipline.
- Flexibility in relation to working hours, shift patterns, and weekend/overtime requirements.
- 1-2 years experience in a similar role within a food manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge & experience of aspects of HPLC, GC, FT-NIR, and ICP / AAS is desirable.
- Computer skills are essential.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aisling Lane.