We have an exciting new opportunity with Carbery Group at the plant in Ballineen, Cork for a QC Lab Analyst to join the team. The successful candidate will be responsible for chemical analysis of a wide range of raw / in-process samples and final products and will be assigned to work in one of the Quality Control laboratories (QC/CMTL/Skylab/Other).
The role requires flexibility in assuming several routine and non-routine functions within a large Quality Control laboratory. Duties may involve conducting alternate analyses on a relief basis, with assignment to other areas of the Quality Control Laboratories.
The laboratories are ISO17025 / CLAS accredited - this role supports the ongoing maintenance of this standard.
The candidate must develop general laboratory skillset including effective time management, prioritization of tasks, and assisting with training and coordination of personnel in the laboratory. The candidate will be actively involved in initiatives such as Lean Manufacturing continuous improvement, identifying and developing new practices, vigilance with changes or non-conformances that may compromise quality or impact on product release, increase costs, or impact Health & Safety, and aiding investigations and internal audits.
- Chemical analysis of raw materials, environment, water, in-process, and final product samples in assigned areas. This may include Antibiotic testing for milk suppliers and milk intake, compiling results and reporting/issuing results to milk suppliers, various microbiological tasks that may be assigned (plating/assays), and scheduling unplanned work (individual supplier samples).
- Report daily analysis results and investigate deviations or out-of-specification results, ensuring correct analysis interpretation, and reporting for further assessment by Manager if required.
- Compile results, trends, and investigations and report to management personnel on a periodic basis. Take ownership for asset care and maintenance of laboratory equipment - operation, service, & calibration of instrumentation in the laboratory and at-line, including external/third-party certification.
- This may include daily operation, calibration, and maintenance of the laboratory equipment for the purpose of analysing supplier milk samples and milk intake samples. Participate in internal and external proficiency schemes.
- Maintain records for regulatory requirements. Participate in and maintain laboratory accreditation relevant to assigned duties.
- Demonstrate basic housekeeping skills, and order and maintain stock levels of consumables within the laboratory and store areas.
- Perform non-routine activities and project/development work which may be assigned as required (example: method development, instrumentation setup and validation)
- Support Product Allocation and Release including Sensory / Shelf-life evaluation of final products.
- Continue improving proficiency in analyses and ensuring analyses are conducted on time, and ensuring thorough output is maintained at maximum in areas of responsibility.
- Participate in 5S-Lean, H&S, and improvement projects
- Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Analytical Science, or related science discipline.
- Flexibility in relation to working hours, shift patterns and weekend/overtime requirements.
- 1-2 years of experience in a similar role within a food manufacturing environment knowledge or aptitude for calibration & validation is advantageous.
- Motivated, takes the initiative, and willing to develop new skills.
- Knowledge & experience of aspects of HPLC, GC, FT-NIR and ICP / AAS is desirable
- Knowledge of Organic Chemistry / Analytical Chemistry is desirable.
- Computer skills are essential.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Andrew O'Neill at firstname.lastname@example.org