- Assist the Quality Control Manager in achieving company goals
- Day to day scheduling of laboratory activities
- Management of the QC stability program, test requirements, & results reporting
- Using the existing laboratory tools to generate and maintain performance related metrics
- Coaching / Mentoring – support members of team with problem solving and skill development to aid learning and early problem resolution.
- Recruitment – assist with recruitment of team members in line with resource requirements and to job spec.
- Timely close out of deviations and/or investigations.
- Assist with the timely completion of data reviewing as required.
- To identify training requirements and training of Chemists and organize training as required.
- To participate in all relevant training to ensure personal training plan is up to date.
- To calibrate and check calibrations of laboratory instrumentation as required.
- Take responsibility for issues as they arise and elevating them where necessary.
- Timely and complete handover of documentation and work in progress.
- Reporting on results via correct documentation in real time.
- To draft procedures, protocols, reports and company documentation as required.
- To ensure that all work carried out is in compliance with the required standards conforming to company, cGxP, SOPs, regulatory regulations and guidelines, safety and environmental guidelines.
- Adhere to all good housekeeping practices
- Facilitate continuous improvement within the QC team
- Representing the Quality Control department at internal meetings and communications with customers.
- Plan all external laboratory testing, ensuring all testing is completed on time in full.
- Health & Safety
- Ensure requirements of company safety statement are implemented
- Continuously promote a positive safety culture by leading by example
- Implement safety requirements as per site documentation including SOP’s, Safety Statement and COP’s
- Report any defects
- If unsure about safety requirements – ask
- Recruit, train, manage and develop team
- To perform additional tasks as agreed to support effective running of the business.
- Relevant third level qualification
- At least 5 years previous relevant experience
- Analytical techniques
- Operation of laboratory instrumentation
- Computer Skills to include MS office, ECDL certification an advantage
- Proven time management skills
- People management skills
- Planning & organising
- Project management, knowledge of MS project
- Technical writing skills.
- Ability to deal with cross-functional groups
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Compliance & adherence to regulations
- Safety Awareness
- Ability to handle pressurized timelines
- Attention to detail
- Problem Solving / Analysis
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aisling Lane on 021-4320675 or email email@example.com