- Reference: CJ452422xdy
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Cork, Dublin South, Munster
- Category: Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
Chemists have the responsibility for undertaking activities pertaining to lab operations and compliance, with minimal direct supervision. The role involves a high level of laboratory testing, issue resolution with a focus on continuous improvement and Right First Time (RFT).
- Routinely performs sampling and chemical/physical analysis. May provide target training for team members.
- Writes laboratory investigations. Ensures compliant and timely event resolution. Participates in error reduction activities in the laboratory.
- Performs additional laboratory duties as required and performs peer reviews.
- Provides an efficient customer focused service by ensuring laboratory processes, equipment and services are maintained in an operational (and safe) state.
- May participate in non-routine/complex projects.
- May write laboratory documentation, protocols, reports, and PRRs.
- Identifies Continuous Improvement opportunities and progress Continuous Improvement projects.
- Ensures strict adherence to site policies/procedures, cGMP/GLP and environmental, health and safety regulations.
- Ensures area of responsibility is maintained in a constant state of compliance and audit readiness in line with current regulations, PQS, and business needs. All related procedures and documentation are maintained accordingly.
- Safety and housekeeping considerations.
- Executes responsibilities in line with Right First-Time principles.
- Ensures resolution of and/or appropriate escalation of issues.
- Demonstrates company values and competencies.
Education/ Experience Requirements:
- Third level Qualification in a relevant discipline is preferred. Exceptions may be considered where relevant experience and correct attitude and behaviour exist (this may be supplemented by further education in parallel).
- Previous relevant laboratory experience and a good knowledge of cGMPs are desirable. Colleagues must have good people, communication, organisational and time management skills. Must be able to demonstrate effective problem-solving skills. Must be able to work within a team and on own initiative where required.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Rory Walsh on 021 4911063 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!