- Implements a staffing plan by identifying resource requirements, writing justifications for additional personnel, obtaining approval for changes and coordinates the selection process with Human Resources.
- Develops direct reports by securing appropriate training, assigning progressively challenging tasks, applying progressive disciplinary action as appropriate and conducting formal written and verbal performance reviews.
- Monitors daily work operations and provides direction and guidance to experienced exempt employees, or skilled non-exempt staff to achieve unit or project goals.
- Interacts with internal and external customers, by meeting regularly, responding to requests and explaining procedures.
- Interprets and executes policies that affect work processes and personnel within the assigned organisational unit.
- Contributes to the development of operational policies and procedures that affect personnel within the assigned organisational unit. Monitors compliance with company policies and procedures (for example (e.g.) compliance with Food and Drug Administration (FDA), British Standards Institution (BSI) and relevant employment law.
- Monitors internal and external indicators by reviewing reports and newsletters, reading organisation literature, meeting with peers and reading departmental reports.
- Contributes to the development and monitoring of area budgets through regular analysis of cost
- Translates department goals into individual objectives and goals.
- Identifies, develops and implements process and opportunities to enhance and improve overall department performance.
- Provides manufacturing support by defining work assignments directed to address manufacturing process defects and implement process improvements utilising quality system tools.
- May also direct work assignments for quality control auditors.
- Directs quality personnel to support new product development by defining projects focused on new products/process development based on coordination with management, project leaders and design engineers.
- Implements improvements to quality system and tools by directing personnel to gather data on existing quality tools, identifying weaknesses and research/select new tools based on findings and implementation of revised systems.
- Ensure sustaining support of quality system and regulatory compliance by individually working quality system issues and by delegating project work for maintaining quality system capability.
- Participates in validation activity.
- Role may vary between providing input to owning activities such as protocol/report writing and managing execution of validation activities.
- Maintains personnel records and where appropriate develops work schedules for department personnel.
- Responsible for disposition and investigation of any identified nonconforming materials or product identified via incoming inspection or production.
- Responsible for management of supplier, internal and external audits, planned and unplanned, ensuring all audits are conducted as per plan audits are closed out in a timely fashion as per governing procedures.
- National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) level 7 qualification in a relevant discipline
- 6+ years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience,
- Experience in a quality system
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Independently determine and develops approach to solutions.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Josh Barnes on 021-4911066 or email email@example.com