About the role –
This is a new role within an established company. It would really suit someone looking to take the next big step up in their career. As part of the Management Team, you will determine what resources are needed to meet on the various contracts, new product introduction (NPI) and manufacturing production schedules. The successful candidate will work cross-functionally with all departments to ensure regular flow of materials and support to all projects.
Role Responsibilities –
- Buyer and Supply Chain Management experience (Min 2 years).
- Identify and experience in sourcing new suppliers and vendors both locally and within the EU.
- Manage, vendor and supplier selection process based on price, quality, support, capacity, and reliability.
- Direct procurement policies to ensure all items are purchased and delivered within budget and time constraints.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with key suppliers and vendors.
- Work closely with new suppliers to make sure milestones are met.
- Maintain a comprehensive purchasing system and support tactical purchasing requirements for a cross-section of raw materials.
- Good negotiating skills for cost, delivery, and service.
- Identity and manage cost improvement opportunities.
- Effective communicator, both written and oral.
- Experience in a similar role in a manufacturing environment as this provides a good foundation for this job function.
- Ability to communicate with other team members and suppliers, at all times, and in a professional, courteous manner.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Edel O’Brien on 021-4911065 or email email@example.com