The Purchasing Specialist will be responsible for coordinating and executing day-to-day operations with the end goal being to ensure new products, procured materials and finished goods are available as requested and customer service are consistently achieved. The role will also encompass continued compliance and improvement of the Purchasing Departments Processes & Procedures, and to the ISO 13485:2016 Standard.
The role will be based in Galway and is responsible for coordinating with, coaching and developing the LRD’s purchasing function, coordinating AIL’s quality & NPI needs for the purchasing team, driving change and improvement initiatives, establishing, communicating and implementing short, medium to long terms plans to ensure that targets are achieved in all areas.
- Ensure that changes to specifications are communicated and approved by suppliers in a timely fashion and that these specifications are appropriate for use of the material/service.
- Data Gathering & correlation of the data required to report on Supplier On Time & In Full.
- Participate in quarterly supplier review meetings where needed and work with suppliers to ensure corrective actions are taken when suppliers fail to meet expectations.
- Change and review New Supplier Management
- Review, approve and set up new suppliers per relevant processes.
- Co-ordinate with the purchasers and requesting entities on supplier change requests.
- Compile and report on change and new supplier related KPI’s.
- Co-ordinate Scorecard creation and distribution
- Co-ordinate AIL Purchasing team quality requirements and liaise with the quality team on quality issues affecting purchasing
- Creation & Management of Quality Incidents & Change Orders on the AGILE Document Control System.
Responsibilities and Duties
The purchasing specialist will contribute to and lead projects that directly relate to the improvement of purchasing processes, work stream efficiencies and compliance. The jobholder will contribute to cross-functional project teams, ensuring relevant details are addressed and resolved and be directly responsible for improvement initiatives. Compile and report on project related KPI’s.
The Buyer should have 5+ years’ experience in the purchasing, or purchasing related field, and ideally would possess a relevant purchasing qualification (APICS/CIPS, degree) and previous experience with supplier management. Knowledge of MRP II computer systems is preferable and in particular, SAP would be a significant advantage as it forms a major part of the supply chain. Experience of the use of such systems to communicate requirements to vendors and manage inventories global is highly desirable
For further information or a confidential conversation, please contact Deirdre.Moran@collinsmcnicholas.ie or call 091 706710