Purchasing Specialist required 4- 6 years experience in a multinational environment.
- Maintain and develop the supplier base through: relationship development, supplier selection, supply agreements (including price negotiation where applicable), with continued supplier monitoring and evaluation
- Where required, ensure that contracts are in place and adequately protect the company
- Carry out the purchasing process (stock, non-stock items, capital equipment) on a daily basis. For some materials this will include the evaluation of MRP, for others, the planning team will provide requirements for orders to be placed against
- Participate in quarterly supplier review meetings and ensure corrective actions are taken when suppliers fail to meet expectations
- Recording of and the carrying out of associated actions relating to any supplier-related incidents that arise
- Must have 4- 6 years relevant experience in a purchasing or purchasing related field
- The Purchasing Specialist should be undertaking or be APICS/CIPS qualified or educated to degree level equivalent and
- Knowledge of MRP computer systems is required, and in particular, SAP as it forms a major part of the supply chain. Experience in the use of such systems to communicate requirements to vendors and manage inventories globally is essential
- Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint essential
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Noeleen Stewart.