Our client, a leading company in Sligo, is seeking a Purchasing & Planning Manager.
- Manage and develop Planning and Purchasing Team:
- To ensure no stock-out situations on site
- Conduct business reviews with key suppliers
- Deal effectively with customers both internally and externally
- Maintaining settings/parameters in the Inventory Control System
- Maintain close liaison and co-operation with all other departments, affiliates and staff within the organization who are associated with the materials/production operation in order to optimize the plants operations
- Complete all activities in a safer manner ensuring that any potential safety issues and areas for improvement are addressed.
- Support and develop Supply Chain management improvement initiatives including identifying cost saving opportunities to improve business performance
- Key contact for the distribution centre and Suppliers to ensure customer requirements are met
- Co-ordinate final production schedule based on priorities, available materials and resources and chair S&OP meetings monthly to provide 4 to 24 months outlook to Senior team
- To use the forecasted requirements to securing capacity, negotiate and agree Supply level agreements with suppliers
- Develop, generate and review purchasing and inventory reports, purchasing forecasts and metrics on a weekly / monthly basis at the appropriate level
- Submitting LBE and annual plan pricing, volumes and inventory plans
- Ensure that area procedures are in compliance with the requirements of Policies and appropriate regulatory standards
- Ensure adequate training and development of the planning staff by good communication and identifying actual training needs
- Ensuring safety standards are met and safe working-practices adhered to
- Maintain high standard in housekeeping, 6S, GMP and Safety
- Optimise the use of human resources by encouraging an atmosphere of involvement, open communication and effective teamwork.
- Ensure Environmental procedures e.g. recycling, waste minimization is adhered to and improvements made where possible.
- Ensure that the plant meets the quality requirements of its customers, internal and external auditors and other external agencies by ensuring adherence to and implementation of required procedures and activities.
- On an annual basis, complete performance reviews and development plans for reports. Maintain a positive attendance management procedure
Education & Experience:
You will have a degree in related discipline and / or 3- 5 years’ experience in a similar people management role to ensure operational and people management skills, expertise and problem solving techniques have been acquired
- Ability to work with all levels of management
- Excellent Communications, Planning & Organisation and attention to detail Skills
- Resolve conflict constructively
- Seek feedback
- Extend contacts with sites, Distribution Operations, Global and Corporate purchasing organisations
- Have an excellent attendance and work record.
- Have strong team / interpersonal skills.
- Proven record of team leading
Accountability / Scope
- The position has scope for decision making within confines of agreed responsibilities. Activities broadly defined by agreed impact goals. Supervision is received through meetings and one on one meeting with the Supply Chain & Enterprise Excellence Manager. Periodic goal reviews, annual performance and career development reviews will also occur.
- Individual is given authority to carry out duties without close supervision.