The Purchasing Associate will support the Purchasing Function via the undertaking of tasks assigned by the Purchasing Team Lead or in the Team rota schedule.
- Purchase Order Generation and placement to Suppliers.
- Ensure conformance to ISO13485 in relation to Process and Document Control procedures as stated in the Quality Management System. Ensure compliance to procedures – physical activities must mirror the documented SOP or WI. Where there is a deviation or an opportunity for improvement a change control needs to be agreed and completed
- Review and maintain planning and purchasing contingencies to ensure continued supply of product to our customers. Promote Continuous Improvement to ensure that the best solutions for the customer are delivered in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
- Fully understand how the activities and processes within the Purchasing function link to overall Tier Metrics and Organisation metrics. Ensure that the daily Purchasing Huddles address issues on a team level and that the appropriate actions are being taken daily to ensure that all Purchasing KPI’s are being met on an on-going basis.
- Reporting of data required for review in quarterly supplier review meetings
- Recording of and the carrying out of associated actions relating to any supplier related incidents that arise.
Change and New Product Management
- Work on the change management process to reflect any SKU changes at a component or kit level. Ensure that you follow the purchasing functions that are in place to bring new products into the company.
- While focussed on the Procurement function, developments will almost certainly require involvement throughout the breadth of the supply chain. The job holder would be expected to have some understanding of the supply planning process but also the interdependencies of the extended supply chain (Customer Management, Demand Planning, Supplier Management, Production, Warehouse and Distribution). The jobholder may be required to represent the department on cross-functional project teams, ensuring relevant details are addressed and resolved and contribute to improvement initiatives.
- The Purchasing Associate should be educated to degree level, (relevant field desirable) and have a minimum of 1-3 years relevant experience in a purchasing, or purchasing related field.
- Knowledge of MRP computer systems is preferable and in particular SAP as it forms a major part of the supply chain. Experience in the use of such systems to communicate requirements to vendors and manage inventories globally is highly desirable.
- For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Deirdre Moran on 091706710 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.