Our client, a leading biotechnology company are keen to hire a Purchasing & Logistics Specialist in Sligo.
This role is responsible for sourcing, vendor selection, contract negotiation, and order processing for Opex and Capex supplies and services, and inventory control for the site.
As a Purchasing & Logistics Specialist, you will be responsible for the following: (Full spec available on request)
- Responsible for sourcing raw materials, packaging, chemicals, PPE, fixed assets, maintenance parts and services required for the efficient operation of the business
- Partner with other departments to select appropriate suppliers who can deliver the service that best meets the Purchasing strategy and assures contract compliance and deliverables
- Construct, negotiate, implement and manage Supply and Service Level Agreements and/or contracts that achieve cost, delivery, quality, innovation, environmental, safety and service targets as required by the business
- Ongoing commercial management of suppliers ensuring contract compliance and delivery to SLAs
- Converting Purchase Requisitions, generation of Purchase Orders and Purchase Order release
- Proactively liaising between suppliers and staff to resolve purchasing supply issues, ensuring an accurate and timely provision of supplies
- Assist in the development and coordination of all production and maintenance materials planning processes (MRP) to maximizing efficiency, ensuring conformance with all quality, safety, and environmental policies at all times
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant area e.g., business, economics, logistics, supply chain management
- Certification in APICS or IIPMM desirable
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Supply Chain function in a high-volume manufacturing environment
- Pharmaceutical GMP sourcing experience is a significant advantage
- In-depth knowledge of order management, planning, buying and scheduling
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to act on own initiative, strong IT, administrative, planning, organisation and communication skills
- Strong ERP and excel experience
For more information on this Purchasing & Logistics Specialist position, please contact Chloe Somers.