- Be a leader in the Behavioural Based Safety Programme.
- Advise and liaise with project construction team and PSPD regarding on site Health and Safety issues and overall commitment to improving safe conditions in the workplace.
- Update the site company safety file for both statutory compliance and company compliance with Safety Management System.
- Issue Weekly H&S Progress Report.
- Inspection of WAH equipment such as Mobile Towers, Ladders, MEWP.
- Ensure compliance with HSA and Statutory obligations, cooperate policies and procedures and legislation.
- Ensure compliance and continuous improvement for all elements of Health & Safety.
- Carryout accident and incident investigations and corrective actions and follow up effectiveness of these actions.
- Conduct regular internal audits and report and close out findings with project team.
- Compile method statements/ risk assessments for various tasks and ensure compliance with same.
- Communicate Tool Box Talks and carryout site inductions.
- Strict management and assessment of all onsite subcontractors including reviewing RAMS.
- Chair PSCS HES meetings and communicate minutes to Leo Lynch project team and ensure issues are closed.
- Attend internal HES meeting and ensure relevant issues are reviewed and closed.
- Ensure all regulatory and in-house safety training/refresher training is completed.
- Assisting the Group Health & Safety Manager in ensuring all Safety requirements are met in a timely manner.
- Present weekly safety performance reports to senior management
- A third level qualification in Health & Safety
- At least five years’ health and safety advisory experience gained within the PSCS role in process, semi-conductor, chemical or mechanical engineering environment
- Excellent communication skills / Team player with hands on approach to resolving issues.
- Be methodical, logical, efficient and highly organised.
- Strong IT and communication skills (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and excellent document control.
- CIF PSCS Training or similar
- FETAC Manual Handling Instructor (Advantage)
- Occupational First Aider (Advantage)
- Membership of Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (Advantage)
- WAH and Abrasive Wheels Instructor (Advantage)
- A proven track record with a minimum of five years PSCS’ health and safety advisory experience gained within a process, semi-conductor, chemical or mechanical engineering environment
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aisling Lane on 021-4320675 or email firstname.lastname@example.org