- Reference: GY46240
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Galway
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
Immediate vacancy for a Project Manager/Project Engineer to be based in my clients Mayo site and to project manage a number of water services projects currently at construction/pre-construction stage. Projects include municipal and industrial waste water treatment plants, drinking water treatment plants and various pumping stations. This role will report direct to the Contracts Manager.
- Project management of all aspects of water and wastewater pumping and treatment installations.
- Co-ordination of our ERP system and insuring projects are being delivered in compliance with standard operating procedures.
- Purchasing and acquisition of all BOQ items for projects including labour, parts and materials.
- Liaising with the Tendering Department and insuring an efficient handover of projects.
- Timeline planning of all small industrial installations from awarding of contract to completion and handover of all documentation.
- Management of all site labour for projects.
- Ensuring projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Invoicing and debt retrieval as appropriate.
- Writing engineering reports, method statements and commissioning schedules.
- Responsible for all O&M and Health & Safety documentation and enforcement of safe work practices onsite during all installations.
Skills, experience & qualifications:
- Proficiency in PC skills to include ACAD and all MS office and Project software
- Excellent inter-personal skills and communication skills.
- Strong engineering analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong collaborative skills with an ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Have a willingness to learn and be challenged in the water and waste water Industry.
- Have proven experience in an engineering role in a Mechanical & Electrical environment.
- Experience in implementing opportunities and initiatives in a time restricted schedule.
- Organise and plan technical meetings with clients and Consulting Engineers
- Develop specific goals and plans to prioritise, organise and accomplish stated deadlines.
- Project management / Site management / M&E Installation, Personnel management and any Water &/or Waste Water industry experience will be an advantage.
- Third level Mechanical, Civil or Electrical Engineering degree/Diploma or a similar relevant degree
- Full clean driving licence
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role/company please email your CV to: email@example.com