Our client, a Start-Up Medical Device company, are currently recruiting for a PM to lead an exciting project to help bring their product through to commercialisation. The Project Manager manages the design and commercialization aspects of our new products with responsibility for driving collaboration of cross-functional teams.
- Core team leader/project manager of significant and complex strategic projects.
- Direct responsibility for delivering key focus products on time, within budget and with minimal long-term sustaining engineering required.
- Interfaces with all levels of staff and management in the negotiation and exchange of information. Develops and cultivates cross-departmental relationships. Collaborates with key project sponsors in bringing together a full range of cross-functional expertise and competencies necessary for the successful commercialization of targeted projects.
- Develops and maintains appropriate project schedules and budgets for assigned projects. Drives the tactical project execution. Routinely reports on the status of the project relative to the schedule and budgets.
- Ensures design control requirements are met for project. Ensures a quality focus and customer needs are met.
- Ensures the prototype products for clinical and customer preference testing, including the validation of performance and reliability test data, are complete.
- Schedules and conducts Engineering Design Reviews, Vendor Review Meetings and other cross-functional meetings, as needed. Documents the proceedings and follows up on any incomplete action items.
- Compiles the Engineering performance specification from input data that is supplied by the Customer, R&D and Marketing requirements.
- Participates in writing new procedures, where appropriate.
- Assists in the creation of accurate forecasts for products and materials and works cross-functionally to ensure the delivery of those supplies and mfg. forecasts.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree in Engineering or equivalent in related discipline.
- Seasoned professional with ten or more years engineering and product development experience involving large multi-disciplinary teams (preferably in a medical device environment).
- High level of technical competence is required to formulate the appropriate development strategy and tactics for each project and to uncover weakness in performance and reliability test data.
- Must possess strong knowledge of general manufacturing techniques.
- Ability to balance team leadership responsibilities while still effectively operating as an individual contributor.
- Ability to influence at all levels of an organization. Excellent negotiation, facilitation, collaboration, and problem-solving skills. Innovative, self-motivated, high energy and results-driven.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Stephen Kelly.