Sustaining Project Manager
The Project Manager will play an integral part in leading Sustaining projects within the Peripheral Interventional (PI) Division. Scope of projects includes all product support activities from initial launch to product end of life across PI business units and manufacturing sites. Project size ranges from small one-off tasks to large process improvement, design change, design transfers, line extension and projects/Corporate initiatives driving global productivity.
Work directly with supporting cross-functions across business units and manufacturing sites. Cross-functional teams include, but not limited to, Research & Development, Design Assurance, Packaging, Regulatory, Process Development, Operations, Supplier Engineering/Quality, Supply Chain and Clinical.
Lead cross-functional teams and manages multiple projects from small to large scope, including schedule, scope, costs and resources.
- Develops and implements overall project plan, including cost, schedule, risk and performance and monitors progress against business key objectives and goals.
- Identify prioritization and resources needs for assigned projects and activities with supporting cross-functions.
- Identify, communicate and manage technical challenges and business risks.
- Drive and influence results by acting with speed, agility and adaptability, assigning clear authority and accountability while integrating and aligning efforts across manufacturing sites and cross-functions.
- Provides structured thinking to project team on overall approach and delegates as appropriate.
- Directs and trains key project management processes.
- Leads the team in appropriate decision making through strong judgment and the ability to analyze options and implications.
- Investigate and develop approach/solution to address technical problems with project teams.
- Direct control over activities and budget of one or more functional areas, divisions, product groups, projects/programs and/or operations.
- Foster a diverse workplace that enables all team members to contribute to their full potential in pursuit of organizational objectives.
- Provide timely communication on project progress updates to all relevant cross-functions and levels within the organization, including presentations to senior leadership.
- Responsible for team and cross-functional level communications.
- Responsible for elevating critical business decisions to the appropriate management boards and/or functional managers.
- Liaison between the team and the Business Planning Team/Franchise Leadership Team (BPT/FLT), as required
- Lead, coach and help diverse and dispersed project team members to execute towards overall project goal(s).
- Provides input to cross-functional Managers/Directors on team and team member performance.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with functional heads to drive success of project team members and overall team member contributions.
- Ability to develop cohesive and collaborative cross-functional teams throughout project lifecycle phases.
- Directs and/or provides input to the technical approach on product design and process changes.
- Directs and/or provides input on compliance update/changes on processes and/or systems.
- Identifies, communicates, and manages project risk.
- Monitor and ensures compliance with company policies and procedures (i.e. federal/country and regulatory requirements).
- PLCP lifecycle knowledge to deliver and maintain high quality and high impact deliverables.
- Knowledge of quality system use for the creation and continued compliance of products.
- Actively reviews policy and practice improvements to drive functional excellence.
- Influences cross-functional systems effectiveness.
- Financial management, including budget, forecast, and strategic plan input and preparation.
Key Leadership Competencies
- Strategic Thinking
Minimum Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Engineering or Project Management.
- 5-8 years of relevant experience.
- Small and large cross-functional project team lead experience.
- Must be willing and able to travel internationally ~10% of the time.
- Works under minimal supervision.
- PMP certification.
- Previous Sustaining experience and/or knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work together with a cross-functional, multi-site sites.
- Strong organization, execution and communication skills.
- Candidate to be comfortable in front of all levels of the organization as well as external customers.
- Candidate to have strong leadership and interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships within project teams.
- Problem solving technical expertise.
Quality System Requirements
- In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
- Assures that appropriate resources (personnel, tools, etc.) are maintained in order to assure Quality System compliance and adherence to the BSC Quality Policy.
- Establishes and promotes a work environment that supports the Quality Policy and Quality System.