- Reference: GY45839AO
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Galway
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
We are currently looking for Project Manager engineer to join our team. This position will be responsible for Managing Project(s) and providing Technical Leadership to a team of engineers and scientists in the development of develop acute ischemic stroke devices.
- Provide technical leadership and take ownership of critical technical tasks in the execution of R&D programmes.
- Develop a deep understanding of the disease state, gather user needs; and articulate throughout the team.
- Translate needs requirements into technical specifications.
- Foster a culture of creativity; generate creative product solutions to address unmet needs.
- Provide leadership to the team in the development of test models for prototype performance evaluations, building and testing of prototypes, test data analysis and interpretation, component and finished device assembly drawings/specifications, product materials selection, and process development. Hands-on approach where appropriate, leading critical activities by example.
- Identify and recommend optimal solution(s) for commercialization.
- Identify and manage key technical risks and appropriate mitigations throughout the product lifecycle.
Programme Management Responsibilities
- Identify critical project tasks, define project strategy, and set team priorities.
- Develop detailed project goals, plans, and budget.
- Manage direct team and across functions to deliver on performance, time and cost targets.
- Report progress across the organisation.
- Leverage and liaise with external resources to achieve project goals.
- Manage project in accordance with quality system – take ownership of design history file and lead design reviews.
- Identify and manage key programme risks.
- Write and/or review procedures, protocols, specifications, and reports.
- Interface with physicians; evaluate and assess user techniques and develop product training materials.
- Develop marketing materials (presentations/videos/demos).
Qualifications & Experience: Honours degree in Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering or equivalent. A minimum of 10 years’ experience in medical device industry with experience of project leadership, and prior product development experience as a Senior R&D Engineer is required.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role/company please email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org