An exciting opportunity at a leading supplier to the biopharmaceutical manufacturing industry, based in North Cork. The company's products include process and equipment engineering/consulting services, comprehensive site services, bioreactors and fermenters, filtration and chromatography systems, prep and hold systems, and cleaning/sterilisation systems.
The Project Manager is responsible for all aspects of assigned jobs from notice to start until final approval is received, and the job is closed. This must be accomplished safely, to specifications, within budget, on time, and to the satisfaction of the customer. The Project Manager will also monitor safety programs with special emphasis on job site safety. The role will require continuous engagement with clients on a daily basis requiring a high level of business acumen. The ability and desire to work with team members to succeed in a common goal is essential. There is also the option of a hybrid working system.
- Lead and coordinate design engineering, procurement, manufacturing operations, quality, safety and other supporting functions throughout the project lifecycle.
- Manage internal project team and project activities.
- Provide technical guidance to internal & external customers.
- Support preparation of ‘Budgetary’ and ‘Firm’ proposals.
- Conduct/manage specification review to develop/confirm scope of work including exceptions & clarifications
- Develop cost estimates (material & labour).
- Develop project schedule.
- Support review of contractual terms & conditions
- Bachelor’s degree (Level 8) in engineering (Biotech Eng., Chem. E., ME or Metallurgical/Materials Eng.)
- 7 – 10 years of post-graduate work in an Engineering field.
- 3-5 years of management experience.
- Able to develop detailed cross-functional schedules utilising Microsoft Project.
- Able to read and interpret AutoCAD P&ID Drawings.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Andrew O’Neill.