The Project Manager will be responsible for taking a direct leadership role in the accomplishment of the mission and expands the business unit through project management, client/business development and project management/post-construction by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responds to new project opportunities and presents proposals and credentials to our clients.
- Participates in business development functions.
- Works to develop viable business opportunities.
- Develop a complete understanding of the contract and scope of work for projects being managed.
- Pursues ongoing professional development training.
- Creates and manages an overall milestone schedule which includes all facets of the project development to include owner, design and construction team activities.
- Creates and manages the budgeting process which includes estimating, value engineering and managing the client’s budgetary expectations through the development of the project.
- Utilize the company’s accounting system to project resource requirements and forecast revenue and expenses on projects under management.
- Manages multiple members of the Cx team which can include Project Managers, estimators, vendors and in some cases the entire team in a design-build scenario.
- Develops positive working relationships with all subcontractors and vendors.
- Leads, supervises and mentors multiple Project Assistants and Commissioning Engineers in the commissioning projects.
- Manages the document control process and ensures constant communication with the client, construction and design team.
- Manages all financial aspects of the project to include accounts payable, accounts receivable, revenue projections and project closeout.
- Completes the project close-out process to include commissioning reports, as-built documentation and operations/maintenance manuals.
- Plans/manages multiple activities to accomplish desired results.
- Performs administrative duties such as mailing correspondence, ordering company equipment and supplies, faxing documents and filling.
Directly supervises up to 10 employees (level III only). Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organisation’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.