A global packaging company is keen to hire a Project Engineer to join their team in Sligo.
The Project Engineer will be responsible for acquiring, evaluating and refining all information to process new tooling and product orders.
Responsibilities (Full job description available on request):
- Reviews all information supplied from customers or sales personnel on new orders concerning customer requirements, quality and ability to manufacture.
- Completes all necessary paperwork and answers technical questions related to quotation requests, engineering change orders, production layout, drawings, sketches and notes, needed to fabricate tool, requisition raw materials and proceed with order.
- Personally designs products and tools as schedule permits.
- Establishes completion dates for master molds and production tools after conferring with Design Engineer, process control and other relevant stakeholders
- Participates in and/or supports continuous improvement initiatives and knowledge in facilitating Lean Six Sigma methodologies.
- Communicates with customers regarding any special requirements for inspection and testing
- Degree in engineering
- Minimum three years of related experience with Polymer processing technology used in the flexible packaging industry, Polymer materials and tool fabrication.
- Proficient in medical and pharmaceutical packaging Manufacturing process.
- Proficiency in the use of CAD for tool design.
- Good technical communicator, with a strong understanding of how to integrate new Products manufactured for the Medical Device Manufacturing Industry. Travel to outside vendors and customers when / where required.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Sarah Flynn