Our client, a leading medical device company in Sligo, is looking to hire a Project Engineer.
- Coordinate or provide support on projects for the introduction of new products and processes from design concept to final approval based on customer/company requirements within required timeframes.
- Work in close cooperation with other departments to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget and fully compliant with internal quality systems.
- Support the introduction of new equipment including generating documentation, overseeing installation, testing and qualification activities.
- Design/sourcing of jigs and fixturing for part measurement or manufacturing processes.
- Support Design for Manufacturing activities and early supplier engagement with customers.
- Sourcing of materials or components, liaising with vendors and recommendation of optimum supplier.
- Work in close cooperation with other departments and provide leadership of cross-functional teams to deliver on set objectives. Position will also be responsible for developing project plans, tracking and communicating on same.
- Provide support to manufacturing in areas of trouble-shooting, training, increased efficiency, cost reduction, EHS.
- Identify and drive opportunities for improvements to systems and processes.
- Quality – support qualification of new products/processes and ensure compliance to quality standards through execution of protocols.
- Safety/Risk Assessments: position will be responsible for ensuring safety compliance of products /processes and supporting both conducting and timely closeout of risk assessments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Third level qualification in Mechanical Engineering or a related technical discipline required.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role experience or a related industry.
- Strong skills in some or all of the following areas: Project Management, New product introduction, Product/Process Design & Development, Tooling Engineering and Validation.
- Experience in the Medical Device Manufacturing industry would be a distinct advantage
For a confidential discussion please contact Mark Whelan on 071 914 2411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org