Our client have immediate vacancies for Project Engineers to join their Contracts team based in the North West Region. The roles will be primarily site-based working on construction and refurbishment of water treatment infrastructure. The successful candidate will play a key role within the team through co-ordination with the design team, subcontractor management and client engagement from project inception to handover.
Our client are a complete end to end solutions provider involved in the design, build, operation and maintenance of water and wastewater assets & infrastructure in the municipal (Local authority), Industrial (Food and Beverage/Dairy/Pharmaceutical) markets. Reporting direct to the Contracts Manager the main duties and responsibilities being as follows:
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Project management of water treatment installations primarily focused on Mechanical/Electrical/ICA requirements with minor civil works included.
- Supporting the design team in delivering innovative solutions & using modern technologies.
- Management of day to day communication and co-ordination with client and relevant stakeholders by way of positive and pro-active approach working in a team environment via excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Assisting with purchasing of all BOQ items for projects including labour, parts and materials.
- Management of all site labour including subcontractors.
- Ensuring projects are delivered without any compromise on safety and quality.
- Writing engineering reports, method statements and commissioning schedules.
- Responsible for O&M and Health & Safety documentation and implementation of safe work practices onsite.
Skills / Attributes:
- Have experience in an engineering role in a Civil/Mechanical/Electrical environment.
- Strong collaborative skills with an ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Self-motivated and ability to work on own initiative.
- Proficiency in PC skills to include ACAD and all MS office and Project software.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Have a willingness to learn and be challenged in the water industry.
- Project management / Site management / M&E Installation, Personnel management and any Water &/or Waste Water industry experience will be an advantage.
One of the following will be essential:
- Third level Mechanical or Civil Engineering Degree
- Similar relevant third level qualification and experience will be considered.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role please contact Aideen Cummins.
+353 71 9140252