The Project Engineer is responsible for coordinating and leading projects in conjunction with good engineering practices and complying with regulatory and site quality/safety standards. Typical projects may include; new processing equipment, process improvements, automation, aseptic processing, and facility/utility related items. The primary responsibility of the role is to ensure that projects meets their agreed goals/targets on time and on budget. The project engineer reports directly to the senior project manager for the area, who will give advice and provide support to ensure the equipment/facility/utilities design and goals/targets are achieved.
KEY/ACCOUNTABILITIES: Weight %
This is a list of Core Duties and must not be taken as a definitive list. You may be asked from time to time to undertake other duties, either in or out of your area of responsibility
1) People 20%
- Co-ordinate and manage contractors who are on site to deliver aspects of the project.
- Ensure that all contractors on site work safely and in compliance with site rules.
2) Strategic 20%
- Co-ordinate and lead cross functional teams to deliver against agreed timelines and scope of a project.
- Liaise with other site functions (e.g. EHS, QA, Operations. IS) ensuring cross functional input and support for the outcomes of the project, ensuring that the project at a minimum adheres to current good practices in terms of quality, functionality, efficiency and safety.
- Responsible for translating project requirements into the design at an early stage and ensuring the end deliverable meets the user’s requirements.
- Responsible for transition of equipment from qualification phase to operational phase providing technical support as required to operations during project handover.
3) Management 40%
- Responsible for delivery of entire scope of the project adhering to design criteria, agreed schedule and budget commitments.
- May be required to deputise in the absence of the senior project manager on short term basis.
- Produce relevant documentation and project update reports to project manager as required to communicate project status.
Education and Experience/Knowledge:
- Third level qualification in an Engineering or equivalent discipline/experience.
- Experience of working in Biologics, Pharmaceuticals or Medical device industry an advantage. Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience.
- Project management experience with a proven record an advantage.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills required to operate in a multi-functional project team set up.
- Good team leading skills and ability to work closely with other areas/departments within an organization.
- Relationship Building: establishing excellent working relationships with all functions within the business
- Communication: excellent communication and presentations skills, both written and oral. Articulate the quality requirements in a clear, concise and persuasive manner.
- Planning & Organising: excellent analytical skills. Ability to plan and schedule.
- Decision Making: identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities whilst providing a viable solution.
- Adaptability; Able to work in a fast, dynamic, environment whilst being able to adjust readily to meet unexpected constraints.
- Passion for results: – Drive, high energy, maturity, and ability to work under pressure and deliver results; get things done (an action-oriented approach); overcome obstacles.
- Receptivity to feedback – Receptive to the ideas of others and welcome and accept constructive feedback, display humility where appropriate.
- Culture fit: Have a people centred approach to their management style whilst upholding the values and ethos of our client
- Other requirement
- Undertake any travel that the role may require for design review meetings, build inspections, Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT’s) etc.
- Compliance and Integrity: You will be responsible for conducting your activities on behalf of the company consistent with a high standard of business ethics and in compliance with the laws and regulations that govern our activities
For confidential disscussion please contact Christopher O Toole.