Video for this job
Summary of Role
The Project Engineer will be managing a number of water services projects currently at construction/pre-construction stage. Projects include municipal and industrial waste water treatment plants, drinking water treatment plants and various pumping stations. Applicants must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience.
- Project management of all aspects of water and wastewater pumping and treatment installations.
- Co-ordination of our ERP system and ensuring projects are being delivered in compliance with standard operating procedures.
- Purchasing and acquisition of all BOQ items for projects including labour, parts and materials.
- Liaising with the Tendering Department and ensuring an efficient handover of projects.
- Timeline planning of all small industrial installations from awarding of a contract to completion and handover of all documentation.
- Management of all site labour for projects.
- Ensuring projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Invoicing and debt retrieval as appropriate. * Writing engineering reports, method statements and commissioning schedules.
- Responsible for all O&M and Health & Safety documentation and enforcement of safe work practices onsite
- Proficiency in PC skills to include AutoCAD and all MS office and Project software
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills.
- Strong engineering analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Have a willingness to learn and be challenged in the water and waste water Industry.
- Have proven experience in an engineering role in a Mechanical & Electrical environment.
- Experience in implementing opportunities and initiatives in a time restricted schedule.
- Organise and plan technical meetings with clients and Consulting Engineers
- Develop specific goals and plans to prioritise, organise and accomplish stated deadlines.
- Project management / Site management / M&E Installation, Personnel management and any Water &/or Waste Water industry experience will be an advantage
- Third level Mechanical, Civil or Electrical Engineering degree/diploma or similar
- Full clean driving license