Our client is currently hiring for a new position on their newly commissioned project. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious Project Engineer to join a fast-paced and innovative company. Minimum of 2 years of relevant project Engineering experience required for this position.
As part of the engineering team, you will be responsible for the engineering activities on a specific project or multiple projects depending on size and complexity. Projects will include municipal wastewater treatment plants and associated infrastructure. The activities associated with the project will vary and will be agreed with the Project Manager on an ongoing basis. You will support the design team through the process, including the onsite installation and commissioning.
Roles and Responsibilities;
- Project management for a wastewater treatment design process.
- Timeline planning for design deliverables from concept stage to detailed design completion.
- Managing and interfacing with a team of sub-consultants.
- Ensuring project deliverables are completed on time and within budget.
- Managing and delivering engineering reports, method statements, risk assessments, and construction programmes.
- Development of target cost and engagement with our supply chain.
· Assist with the purchasing and acquisition of all BOQ items for projects including labour, parts and materials
· Assist with the design review to identify design gaps and deviations or contractions in specifications.
· Ensure that technical assessments are completed as required and technical issues are resolved without delay.
· Support the compilation and issuing of technical submittals.
· Liaise with the design team & supply chain to ensure systems comply with specifications and drawings.
· Attend quality meetings and participate in QA/QC walk-downs when required.
· Evaluate the RFI responses to ensure that there are no engineering issues with them.
· Review and answer technical queries from Design Team/Client in relation to specifications/drawings/materials and equipment.
Skills / Attributes:
- Proficiency in PC skills to include reading ACAD and all MS office and Project software.
- Working knowledge of conditions of contracts.
- Excellent inter-personal skills and communication skills.
- Strong engineering, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong collaborative skills with an ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Have a willingness to learn and be challenged in the water and waste water Industry.
- Have proven experience in an engineering role in an Electrical/Mechanical environment.
- Experience in implementing opportunities and initiatives in a time restricted schedule.
- Organise and plan technical meetings with clients and Consulting Engineers
- Develop specific goals and plans to prioritise, organise and accomplish stated deadlines.
- Project Engineering / Site management / M&E Installation, Personnel management and any Water &/or Waste Water industry experience will be an advantage.
Education Requirements; One of the following will be essential
- Third level Mechanical Engineering degree
- Third level Electrical Engineering degree or diploma
- Similar relevant third level qualification and experience will be considered.
- Full EU/ Irish driving licence
- Candidates must have a valid permit to work in Ireland.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Andrew O'Neill.