The main duties and responsibilities will be to provide project engineering management, tendering and technical input to the design and operational costing of water and wastewater schemes. This will include working with multi-disciplinary teams of civil, mechanical, process and electrical/ICA engineers/ contractors.
Potential candidates MUST be fluent in English, and qualified with an Engineering degree, with significant relevant water/wastewater content, plus experience in 3 or more of the following fields:
- Water and Waste Water treatment processes
- Pumping Station detail design
- Odour Control Equipment
- Sludge Thickening, dewatering & handling
- Mechanical Structures
- Tendering and Engineering management
Additionally, candidates should:
- 3 years’ relevant experience, preferably in the water, wastewater or related process industries
- have experience of design at all levels from feasibility to a “for construction” level
- have considerable technical knowledge of all aspects of design co-ordination as it impacts technical, budgetary and programme issues.
- have good inter-personal skills with the ability to integrate into the existing engineering team, and work alongside colleagues of other disciplines.
- have good communication skills, be computer literate and hold a valid driving licence
- be able to interact positively with senior and junior staff alike
- be progressive and imaginative in their work and strive to add value where possible for the benefit of the company and our clients
Typical duties comprise:
- production of documentation, including reports, drawings, calculations, specifications, tender documentation including particular specifications
- production of project budgets and programmes
- co-ordinating with PSCS, PSDP, Client and other stakeholders
- provide technical advice and guidance
- provide input to bids and project manage appropriate projects
- supervision & management of contractors
- respond to Client requests for information