An exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Engineer to join a leading supplier to the biopharmaceutical manufacturing industry, this role will be located in Fermoy on a permanent contract. The ideal candidate will have 1-2 years of industry experience in Mechanical, Biomedical, Electrical or Automation Engineering.
- Ability to work in a professional team-based office environment and meet data-driven customer-focused commitments.
- Keep assigned Project Manager(s), Project Team Members and Departmental Management Supervisor apprised of project workload progress, needs and updates on a regular basis.
- Identify any scope of supply changes affecting project cost.
- Function as direct customer contact on technical items related to assigned projects.
- Supports Project Manager activities and responsibilities on “as-needed” bases when required or when the Project Manager is not available.
- Work to meet all departmental Goals, Objectives and Metric based improvement initiatives.
- Review, generate and comprehend customer-based specifications, requirements and proposal documents.
- Review & analysis of customer specifications with respect to company offer, scope of supply & commercial terms.
- Prepare & maintain contract files in accordance with Company procedures.
- Support Company Designers on Engineering-related deliverables while meeting customer expectations for equipment requirements related to form, fit and function.
- Support the creation and approval of key Engineering / Design documentation.
- Perform calculations required for equipment verification and component/system sizing.
- Preparation of specifications & equipment data sheets.
- Support design verification activities and participate in Design-driven Model reviews.
- Support Automation and Electrical Engineering Resources on related deliverables driven by customer expectations related to equipment communications and/or functionality.
- Support Manufacturing and Quality based resources in their work to fabricate, assemble and qualify Engineering / Design deliverables in support of customer-driven requirements
- Function as company contact on technical items related to assigned projects under fabrication and quality verification.
- Support the development of engineering standards, procedures & procedures for review by departmental management.
- Honours BSc or BEng (Level 8) in an Engineering field (Mechanical, Biological, Chemical or equivalent experience).
- 3 years of post-graduate Engineering experience in a related industry. Preferred experience of 5 years post graduate Engineering experience working in a BioPharma or Piping systems market and/or direct experience supporting the manufacture and testing of custom equipment, machinery and components driven by customer specifications.
- 2 years’ experience in support of automation and control systems engineering related to bioprocesses preferred.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Kevin Griffin