Project Engineer – Sligo
Our client supply reference level process manufacturing equipment from our European principal suppliers to top tier pharmaceutical manufacturers in the UK and Ireland. Our capital equipment contracts are usually in the range of €100k-€2m and typically have a 2month design phase, 4month build phase and a 5month installation, testing and qualification stage. Our project engineers are assigned to each project from sales handover stage to full completion and handover to the customer. The primary responsibility is to coordinate and maintain communication with all parties to ensure delivery of the agreed design and performance to the agreed timescales. The role is office based but involves frequent travel to our customers facilities and our manufacturers. Our client are technical experts in their field and this customer facing project engineer role is fundamentally important to maintaining and enhancing our reputation as a successful and ambitious business.
- Personable & well presented
- Excellent written and spoken English & communication skills
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- An engineering, technology, or science qualification (degree or equivalent) would be expected
- Must understand controls technology, basic mechanical engineering, knowledge of sterile process technology and pharmaceutical industry would be useful. Practical knowledge is as important as theory in our business
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in similar or relatable project engineering/management role
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency with commonly used computer programs. These include
- MS Windows, MS Word, MS Excel, (working experience of CAD packages would be useful)
- Exceptional customer service skills
- High attention to detail
- Able to work effectively and efficiently independently and as part of a team
- Flexibility to travel throughout UK, Ireland and Europe as required (travel not excessive)
Reporting to the Technical Manager and working closely with the Lead Project Engineer the Project
Engineer takes an overall lead on practical project management activities related to new equipment sale
projects, technical projects (including upgrades) and other miscellaneous projects that may occur. This is
delivered by direct personal management and delegation of specific projects and/or tasks to key individuals within the company
- Liaise between all parties during equipment build so that agreed timescales are respected, all parties are kept aware of the progress achieved and planned.
- Perform technical reviews of URS and other specifications post sale in the creation of project documentation and clarification of post-sale queries.
- Take part in internal and external DQ, HAZOP and site meetings where required.
- Preparing project documentation (e.g. FAT and validation protocols) to support the project.
- Keep track of all aspects of the project from documentation issue and review to FAT punch list close out and project sitework final de-snagging and completion.
- Act as direct customer support during the project.
- Providing Contract Managers with information to ensure invoices raised for equipment stage payments or commissions in timely manner, any payments to suppliers also made at appropriate stages.
- Providing Contract Managers with information to ensure invoices raised for site work performed in timely manner.
- Take part in weekly project department meetings with fellow project engineers reviewing the weeks work, updating schedules, and assisting other project engineers where possible.
- Organise shipping as required, monitor progress, and keep customer advised of likely delivery date
- Site supervision of engineers or sub-contractors where appropriate.
- Train and gain experience in the equipment and services we offer, plus the market and expectations of our customers.
- Assist with sales activities as and when necessary such as:
- Specification Review
- Budget and formal quotation preparation (final responsibility remains with sales team)
- Assist in the preparation of sales and marketing documentation, on paper and via E-Systems.
- Attend table-tops, presentations and other events where necessary
- Support sales meetings where expertise/experience can be beneficial
- Answering the company phone and distributing calls/taking messages, as necessary.
- Arrangement of travel and accommodation for the Sales/Project team.
- Organise shipping as required, monitor progress, keep customer advised of likely delivery date.
- Contribute to other departments initiatives (technical research, training preparation and/or delivery, special project management, documentation improvements, technical report preparation etc.)
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Davin Ferguson.