Our clients are currently hiring a new Project Engineer to join their team at their North Cork site. Our client is looking for candidates that have 1-2 years of industry experience in Mechanical, Biomedical, Electrical or Automation Engineering.
This position reports to the Project Engineer Team Lead or Engineering Manager. The Project Engineer designs, specifies and commissions new and renovated biopharmaceutical processes and clean utility equipment, provides engineering support and leads deviation investigations for equipment and manufacturing processes. As Project Engineer you will be responsible to provide the Project Manager with the assistance required to attain or exceed the project operating income, project execution plan and customer satisfaction goals.
- Ability to work in a professional team-based office environment and meet data-driven customer-focused commitments.
- Keep assigned Project Manager(s), Project Team Members and Departmental Management Supervisor apprised of project workload progress, needs and updates on a regular basis.
- Identify any scope of supply changes affecting project cost.
- Function as direct customer contact on technical items related to assigned projects.
- Supports Project Manager activities and responsibilities on “as-needed” bases when required or when the Project Manager is not available.
- Work to meet all departmental Goals, Objectives and Metric based improvement initiatives.
- Review, generate and comprehend customer-based specifications, requirements and proposal documents.
- Review & analysis of customer specifications with respect to company offer, scope of supply & commercial terms.
- Prepare & maintain contract files in accordance with Company procedures.
- Support Company Designers on Engineering-related deliverables while meeting customer expectations for equipment requirements related to form, fit and function.
- Support the creation and approval of key Engineering / Design documentation.
- Perform calculations required for equipment verification and component/system sizing.
- Preparation of specifications & equipment data sheets.
- Support design verification activities and participate in Design-driven Model reviews.
- Support Automation and Electrical Engineering Resources on related deliverables driven by customer expectations related to equipment communications and/or functionality.
- Support Manufacturing and Quality based resources in their work to fabricate, assemble and qualify Engineering / Design deliverables in support of customer-driven requirements
- Function as company contact on technical items related to assigned projects under fabrication and quality verification.
- Support the development of engineering standards, procedures & procedures for review by departmental management.
- Support Departmental and Organisational efforts to improve performance and reduce operational costs by identifying potential items for consideration and participating in company-sponsored process improvement teams as assigned.
- Travel to customer job sites as required Execute other tasks as assigned.
- Honours BSc or BEng (Level 8) in an Engineering field (Mechanical, Biological, Chemical or equivalent experience).
- 3 years of post-graduate Engineering experience in a related industry. Preferred experience of 5 years post graduate Engineering experience working in a BioPharma or Piping systems market and/or direct experience supporting the manufacture and testing of custom equipment, machinery and components driven by customer specifications.
- 2 years’ experience in support of automation and control systems engineering related to bioprocesses preferred.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Andrew O'Neill at firstname.lastname@example.org