Project Engineer Role: Site Based
Our Client is seeking to recruit site-based project engineers from a civil/mechanical background to join our busy Contracts division. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious Project Engineer to join a fast-paced and innovative company. A minimum of 2 years of relevant Project Engineering experience is required for this position. Projects will be located in the Limerick and Tipperary region.
As part of our engineering team, you will be responsible for the engineering activities on a specific project or multiple projects dependent on size and complexity. Projects will include municipal and industrial wastewater treatment plants, drinking water treatment plants and various pumping stations. The activities associated with the project will vary and will be agreed upon with the Project Manager on an ongoing basis. You will support the design team through the process, including the onsite installation and commissioning.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Management of Health & Safety documentation and enforcement of safe work practices on-site during all EPS installation.
· Coordinate site labour for projects.
· Support with the completion of projects on time and within budget.
· Setting Out dimensional control in accordance with the design.
· Ensure that technical assessments are completed as required and technical issues are resolved without delay.
· Review the installation with the design team to ensure the installation is constructible and that there is adequate space for installation and maintenance of all equipment and cabling.
· Liaise with the design team & supply chain to ensure systems are compliant with specifications and drawings.
· Timeline planning of all installations, civil and mechanical, from awarding of the contract to completion and handover of all documentation.
· Assist with the purchasing and acquisition of all BOQ items for projects including labour, parts and materials.
· Writing engineering reports, method statements and commissioning schedules.
· Assist with the design review to identify design gaps and deviations or contractions in specifications.
· Manage submittals through the approvals process, track procurement and delivery of equipment and complete the receipt verification process once the equipment is delivered.
· Attend quality meetings and participate in QA/QC walk-downs when required.
· Evaluate the RFI responses to ensure that there are no engineering issues with them.
· Review and answer technical queries from the site in relation to specifications/drawings/materials and equipment.
· Ensure site supervisors are working off the latest drawings at all times.
· Issue requisitions and ensure all materials delivered are as per specifications and submittals.
Skills / Attributes;
• Proficiency in PC skills to include reading ACAD and all MS office and Project software.
• Working knowledge of conditions of contracts.
• Excellent inter-personal skills and communication skills.
• Strong engineering, analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong collaborative skills with an ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Have a willingness to learn and be challenged in the water and wastewater industry and in an engineering role in a Mechanical environment.
• Experience in implementing opportunities and initiatives in a schedule.
• Organise and plan technical meetings with clients and Consulting Engineers
• Develop specific goals and plans to prioritise, organise and accomplish stated deadlines.
• Project Engineering / Site management/ M&E Installation, Personnel management and any Water &/or Waste Water industry experience will be an advantage.
Education Requirements; One of the following will be essential
• Mechanical or Civil Engineering degree
• Similar relevant third-level qualifications and experience will be considered.
• Full EU/ Irish driving licence
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Andrew O'Neill.
Andrew O'Neill - 0212427420