We are working with a world leading IT services company who are seeking to hire a Project Director with ideally a Pharmaceutical Industry background based in Dublin. As Programme Director you are a senior member of the their management team, consulting on behalf of leading Pharmaceutical, Medical Devices and Biotechnology companies and managing a range of team activities. You oversee a set of individual client projects or projects that span across multiple clients. You will assist in programme planning and coordinating with project managers to ensure that individual project goals, objectives, interdependencies and all elements of the scope of work are accomplished to quality standards and meet the expectations of the clients. You grow and maintain the VP client relationship to ensure client awareness of VP growing set of expanding migration capabilities. You work with other Directors to manage the services delivery teams including, interviewing and hiring employees; planning, assigning and directing work; and appraising performance and individual resource career progression.
The position is at Director level sitting on the senior management team reporting directly to the MD/ MD is Dublin based. Permanent position with a benefits package.
High Level Responsibilities:
- Ensure client work is referenceable, and the VP deliverables and performance meet or exceed client expectations.
- In partnership with the VPE management team, effectively coach and mentor team resources to achieve their full potential and their individual career objectives.
- Coordinate with the VPE management team to ensure resource availability and to plan resource allocation in order to achieve billable utilization goals without over-booking team members or sacrificing quality standards
- Ensure project teams deliver migration services according to our quality standards and best practices Oversee project design, setup, and delivery to ensure project success.
- Provide coaching, guidance, and leadership to the project team and project manager in relation to various issues, risks, and activities.
- Monitor team performance, client feedback, and client satisfaction relative to our project team interaction with our clients
- Manage client expectations; communicate effectively with clients to identify migration needs and opportunities
- Serve as primary point of client contact for client satisfaction and issue/escalation and resolution Ensure timely decision making and issue resolution that do not negatively impact project schedule. Identify process improvements opportunities to ensure project team productivity and project objective attainment
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties and vendors Working with sales, support the presales activities for estimation, subject matter expertise and proposal development to win new business.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering, Science or related field discipline
- A minimum 15 years Data or Content management experience
- A minimum 10 years IT management or Project Management experience
- A minimum 5 years of experience with pharmaceutical industry and GxP applications.
- Self-motivated team player with strong customer orientation and ability to work in multinational
- and multicultural environment
- Superior communicator and strong relationship builder
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively, in written and oral form, to a
- variety of audiences
- Demonstrable experience managing technical teams
- Good judgment in technical assessments and problem-solving abilities
- Proven Customer Relationship and Negotiation skills.
We are offering an attractive Benefits Package with this role.
Up to 30% domestic and international travel requirement.
For further information and a confidential discussion please contact me directly.