Responsibilities and Duties
- Senior stakeholder management throughout the lifetime of the programme.
- Establishment of programme governance to ensure accountability, communication and appropriate reporting path is established while liaising with senior leaders for approvals.
- Provide programme management support by overseeing all global projects to ensure that work is justified and neither overlooked nor duplicated by related projects.
- Participate in project pipeline development and execution activities adopting opportunities into the portfolio.
- Liaise with external suppliers or account managers.
- Manage the information flows between the directing and delivering levels of the project.
- Role is employed in a dynamic and fluid environment – sensitivity to change and adherence to good practice in Change Management is critical to success.
- Assist the project teams to produce the required project outputs, taking responsibility for overall progress and use of resources and initiating corrective action where necessary.
- Establish and manage the Programme’s procedures – project justification, risk management, communication, issues and change control.
- Establish and manage the Programme/project controls and governance– monitoring and reporting.
- Ensure that authorization is provided in advance for work stream stages in projects so that progress is continual.
- Advise the Programme Board of any deviations from the programme plan while liaising with the programme sponsor and programme board to determine path forward within the programme.
- Work with the project teams and Project Managers to ensure that the following (Programme and Project Board approved) documentation is in place for all projects:
- Project Initiation Document which include the Business Case, Risks Register, Project Plan (Ms Project) and Communication Plan.
- Highlight Reports – regularly.
- Exception Report – Responsively to issues.
- Milestone Reports – As a stage is reached or project output achieved
- Budget tracking.
- Project End Report.
- Proven proficiency with project and programme management.
- Demonstrated organizational and leadership skills necessary to integrate several sites toward company objectives.
- Demonstrated administrative, written and verbal communication, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Project, Microsoft Excel and other Programmes.
- Effective communicator, both articulate & verbally presentable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to achieve results through influencing others and maintaining strong links with other departments and key stakeholders.
- Self-starter possesses flexibility and ability to provide leadership under pressure whilst dealing with ambiguity in a fast-changing environment
- Ability to work internationally with an understanding of different cultures and behaviours.
- The job holder should be very experienced with project management techniques and have led a number of Programmes and multiple projects in the past (Minimum 5 years project and Programme management experience).
- Qualification in Prince2 or PMP (Project Management Professional) certification is required.
- Supply Chain experience is highly desirable, medical device or pharmaceutical industries is preferred.
- The job holder must be a team player with effective communication / listening skills and be experienced in managing projects from inception to post-implementation/sustaining using a phase-gate methodology.
- The job holder should be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with persons contacted in the course of performing assigned duties including Company management and outside business associates.
- The job holder will be able to represent the Company at professional and business functions in a competent manner.
- The job holder should be proficient in the use of Project Management Tools for planning, scheduling, & task estimation.
- The job holder should have advanced Microsoft Office skills including Excel: Forms, Formulas, Functions, Pivot Tables, & Graphs, Expert in PowerPoint and MS Project
- The job holder will have the ability to organize and prioritize workflow and to meet established timeframes