An exciting opportunity for an experienced Production Test Supervisor to join a leading designer and manufacturer of high-reliability electronic motor control solutions based in Ringaskiddy, Cork. This role will be on a permanent contract and will be based on a Mon-Fri week.
The Production Test supervisor reports to the Production Supervisor for the organisation of Electronic Test Technicians, test equipment, and test processes across Production, and Aftermarket areas to ensure business and customer commitments are met. This is a leadership position within the organisation with 10+ directly reporting staff.
- Confirm resource availability and capability to test, repair and upgrade scheduled products.
- Management of the test technicians ensuring assigned work is completed on time and to the required quality standards.
- Allocate test technicians to meet production targets.
- Develop, implement, and monitor performance indicators to run the test function.
- Meet weekly test throughput targets for Production and Aftermarket
- Where targets are not met, ensure the appropriate corrective and preventative actions are taken as necessary to meet the agreed targets for the Production and Aftermarket areas.
- Ensure team focus on product quality, workmanship and prevailing priority work assignments.
- Monitor test yield data.
- Monitor test processes to identify opportunities through applying Lean and Continuous Improvement techniques and tools. (5S etc) and though working in tandem with the Value Stream.
- Initiate, lead and support workplace change and innovation to meet growing business needs.
- At least 5 years leading people in a regulated manufacturing environment.
- An Engineering qualification in Electronic Engineering or related discipline.
- Strong knowledge of electronics – components and circuitry, test processes – Flying Probe, Functional test, ESS, Shock and Vibration.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Barry O'Brien.