Rotating Shift, 2 weeks days, 2 weeks evenings, rate per hour entire shift pattern 16.20
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
· Performs electro-mechanical assembly of final products, sub-assemblies and related medical device products by following released procedures
· Employs high standards of workmanship to ensure high quality products are produced on schedule. Typically works on assignments under the guidance of a senior assembler or lead.
· Makes recommendations for improvement of production methods and product design issues
· Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
· Must be able to work in a team oriented atmosphere with PTM’s, technicians, QA personnel, and engineers, completing tasks and communicating effectively, both orally and in writing.
· Performs in-process inspection to ensure products meet specifications and standards.
· Generates required documentation to complete the Device History Record (DHR).
· May require engineering support to resolve complex and unique problems.
· Must be able to read and understand: assembly instructions, production orders, Bills of Materials, Standard Operation Procedures, and all other documentation used to control the products and processes.
· Confers with engineers, technicians, production personnel, and others regarding assembly procedures.
· Will provide support to project teams whose objectives may be: quality improvement, cost reduction, cycle time reduction, reliability improvement, increased operational efficiency, or new product introduction.
· Assists in creating and updating process and product documentation.
· Collaborates with peers to achieve shared departmental goals.
· Keeps work area clean, organized, and safe.
· Fills all required paperwork accurately and on time.
· Leaving Certificate, trade or equivalent education level is required.
· Minimum 6 months’ work experience in a manufacturing environment is desirable.
· Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions both verbally and in writing.
· Basic Mathematics & good English skills.
· Good mechanical aptitude, dexterity and hand/eye coordination. Must be able to reach, bend and lift 12Kg on a daily basis
· PC user, familiar with Word, Excel, and Windows
· Must be willing to be trained in other areas of production
· Knowledge and adherence to safety procedures and programs
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Emma Daly.