Video for this job
Title: Production Supervisor
Purpose of Job:
Primary function is to monitor daily work operations for a team of 25 operators, 2 lead operators and 3 technicians and provide direction to this team to achieve departmental and organizational goals. The supervisor is responsible for providing team leadership to this group of employees. Supports demand of the business unit.
Major Roles & Responsibilities:
- Environmental Health & Safety of manufacturing personnel, ensuring that all employees are adequately trained, aware of, and complying with EHS procedures.
- Day to day management and technical direction to a team of up to 30 personnel.
- Lead and give support, advice and technical direction to a Business unit team which will support manufacturing operations.
- Recommends and implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, production flow, floor layout, process yields, and product quality.
- Participates in process/product troubleshooting in order to correct/maintain desirable product outs/yields.
- Understands and deploys the use of Lean Manufacturing (5S) and Process Excellence (Six Sigma) methods.
- Works with the technical team to coordinate equipment repair to ensure the least amount of downtime of production lines.
- Understands and uses data, key metrics and statistical information to improve process (SPC).
- Engages and participates on delivery of all the manufacturing KPI’s.
- Manage employee Core Time and Attendance System.
- Ensures that Quality standards are achieved and maintained in the manufacturing areas.
- Responsible for the maintaining of all Quality and Production related Documentation.
- Expedites production, maximising efficiencies in all areas including support functions and meeting KPI’s.
- Provide direction and support to the manufacturing team members and support functions to your area.
- Whilst strongly encouraging and supporting high performance from team members you must deal effectively with poor performance.
- Communicate & keep team updated on all matters relevant to the manufacturing area in a timely and appropriate means.
- Ensure that training happens according to the process instructions and that skill versatility targets are met and maintained.
- Responsible for maintaining training records to the required standards for all internal and external auditing including ISO 13485 and FDA.
- Ensure that the monthly build schedule is met and disposition all material for work orders on Oracle .
- Provide production plan updating for daily production meetings.
- Ensure that employees are aware of and comply with all company policies and procedures across all shift patterns.
- Maximise efficiencies and performance across all manufacturing areas. Conducts annual performance appraisals.
- Liaise with the Warehouse and Distribution to ensure material is transacted correctly and on time.
- Materials must be effectively managed and accounted for using the MRP system
- Establish and encourage a strong teamwork culture within the manufacturing area.
- Lead and participate in cross-functional and cross-divisional process improvement initiatives.
- Will comply with all relevant training required and adhere to relevant associated documentation.
- Follow strict adherence to the requirements of CGMP.
- Actively contribute to the enhancement of compliance initiatives for areas of responsibility.
Third Level Qualification in relevant discipline and certification in supervisory management course.
- Eight – Ten (8-10) years supervisory/people management experience.
- A minimum of 5 years manufacturing experience preferably in medical device field.
- Production process troubleshooting experience required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good working knowledge of MRP.
- High level of PC skills required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Self starter with demonstrated efficient work methods, analytical & problem solving skills and ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
For more information please contact David Lennon on 0906478104 or email@example.com