This well-established medical device organisation is seeking a Production Supervisor/Team Lead with 2 -3 years supervisory experience to join their diverse business permanently.
- Flexibility essential to provide cover for any Team Leader/Line Leader across both day-shift and mid-shift where there will be a necessity to work on both shifts.
- To provide effective leadership of Line Leads, Trainers, and Versatile Operators in the manufacture and assembly of Medical Devices.
- Responsible for to co-ordination of the work of the Core Team, to ensure collectively work and drive all Core Team members to ensure quality and technical issues are resolved immediately.
- Responsible for scheduling work for individual work stations and processes in order to meet the manufacturing schedule.
- To provide effective supervision of people which includes headcount planning; recruitment and selection; training and development; timekeeping and attendance; resolution of issues, timely completion of annual performance appraisals and holding the team accountable to performance to targets.
- Demonstrate strong technical knowledge of processes on the lines and on individual work steps with the ability to troubleshoot and identify solutions to issues.
- Demonstrate the ability to monitor and maintain production KPI’s showing actual line performance against target, work station throughput, line availability and schedule adherence. To account for variances through accurate reporting of downtime and defect analysis.
- To manage and address idle time within all manufacturing processes/lines.
- To organize production teams effectively in providing the appropriate capacity to meet Business demands from a commercial and non-commercial standpoint ( new process transfers; process development/validations ).
- To monitor and co-ordinate training and development to have in place a competent and versatile workforce.
- To ensure effective completion in a timely manner of investigations, reports and corrective actions as part of the NCR/CAPA/CTQ system.
- To demonstrate strong leadership in regards to daily kaizen and process management.
- To drive continuous improvement projects which will have a positive impact (cost reduction) on GMI operations.
- To take a proactive role in the implementation of Lean manufacturing systems and the application of six sigma problem-solving methodology.
- To maintain systems accuracy through compliance with GMP procedures and practices.
- To maintain compliance with the company Environment, Health & Safety management system.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Supervisory management and relevant technical qualification essential (Level 6 is the minimum)
- Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant manufacturing/medical device experience.
- Excellent communications skills and proven ability to liaise well with other departments.
- The successful candidate will have a positive, can-do attitude, with a proven track record in team leadership.
- Salary is DOE
- Education Assistance (after 12 months service)
- Life Cover
Please get in touch to find out more; email@example.com