The Production Supervisor will be directly responsible for overseeing and organizing the equipment, staff, and processes on the production floor. The Production Supervisor must ensure that production is being maximized, that quality is being maintained to the highest standard and that safety requirements are being adhered to.
Production Supervisor Job Responsibilities
• Assist the Operations Manager in dealing with production queries and liaise with the planning team regarding scheduling and planning work.
• Monitor operational efficiencies throughout the production process and develop actions to improve operational effectiveness.
• Manage and utilise key processes to ensure daily targets are achieved.
• Ensure the Company Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system inputs reflect actuals and ensure the ERP is reviewed on a periodic basis.
• Ensure clear communication channels across the production team and that all communications are concise and accurate.
• Oversee the production process as agreed with the Operations Manager.
• Identify any deficiencies in production practices and recommend solutions Lean Manufacturing.
• Work with the Management team to develop and implement Lean Systems and Procedures for continuous improvements.
• Identify opportunities for continuous improvement projects in production. Set up, lead and drive project teams where appropriate.
Performance & Training
• Ensure all annual Performance Appraisals are completed with your team Performance & Training
• Ensure your team receive the necessary training and development.
• Ensure your team are motivated through coaching and feedback
• Identify training needs and cross training opportunities
• Develop and maintain the training matrix
• Ensure compliance with the Company safe work practices and safety regulations as outlined in the Health and Safety Manual
• Ensure all Company policies are adhered to including Health & Safety, Quality and HR policies
• Monitor and control quality documentation and ensure compliance with Company procedures.
• Work with the Quality Department and Production team to identify corrective actions on both quality and daily production processes.
• Work with the Quality Department to develop Sales and Operations Planning Process (S&OP) and ensure compliance.
Skills & Knowledge Required
• A minimum of five years Supervisory experience is required.
• Experience in stock and WIP management.
• Knowledge of Inventory Management systems.
• Experience in the Printing Industry is an advantage.
• Experience in Lean Manufacturing tools.
• Experience in stock management and cycle counting an advantage.