Our multi-national medical device client are recruiting an experienced Production Supervisor for their day shift in their Galway site.
This role will see you join an innovative and highly productive unit where career progression and continuous development play a vital role in the team's success.
A key focus of the Production Supervisor role will be to develop and maintain a feasible plan for training, managing personnel, hiring top talent and ensuring quality issues, processes and material flows are operated efficiently. As their newest Production Supervisor, you will actively demonstrate and propagate the core values of the company.
As the evening shift Supervisor, you have the opportunity to showcase your people management experience and initiative working with a high degree of autonomy.
- Planning - including developing /maintaining a viable plan incorporating hiring, training, capacity-modelling, efficiency/yield assumptions, ramp rate, learning curve etc.
- Liaise with ware-housing, quality assurance, bulk-packaging and sterilisation areas to ensure prompt shipment of product.
- Maintain GMP / Housekeeping at a high level within the department through the involvement of all team members.
- Collaborate with Cross-Functional teams, including QA, materials, IS, and HR support.
- Interact and support other manufacturing teams and Logistics to prioritise backorders.
- Manage process and material flows, space management, and working with the Engineering group to maximise space utilisation designated for specific operations areas.
- Oversee essential admin duties, including Time and Attendance system, Holiday planning, Build Plan review, Back Order review, Travel planning etc.
- Partner with EHS to identify significant environmental impacts of operations and to establish goals and targets around substantial environmental impacts
Qualifications & Experience
- HETAC Level 8 in a relevant discipline would be highly desirable, but we will consider applicants level 7 and studying towards level 8
- Minimum of five years of experience in a similar role.
- Highly level of technical aptitude and communication.
- Proven ability to work well as part of a team & on own with minimum supervision
- Good knowledge of GMP / FDA regulatory requirements, housekeeping, health and safety.
- Stakeholder management experience and well rounded interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience in people management and demonstrated people motivation, organising and team building would be a distinct advantage.
- Solid record of attention to detail and strict adherence to procedures.
For a more detailed and confidential discussion on this role contact Amy Newell.