Supervise employees and activities across areas of production for smooth and continuous operations.
- Supervise employees and manufacturing activities pertaining to the production of products and/or manufacturing processes in – and with manufacturing/technical knowledge of – 2 or more production areas, depending on the complexity of the areas, in addition to conducting performance reviews, including resolving performance issues.
- Lead improvement projects, partner with engineering on investigations and/or corrective actions, perform non-conformance investigations for review with engineering, assures documentation content is valid
- Accountable for productivity and quality metrics of staff, and provide regular progress reports and manufacturing metrics to management and cross-functional stakeholders.
- Oversee the scheduling of work orders and team performance metrics.
- Ensure appropriate staffing for all positions.
- Accountable to ensure staff is appropriately trained to perform assigned work.
- Document owner for assigned product line assembly procedures
- Monitor raw material usage and availability required in daily production
- Monitor material and labor variances to meet established standards
- Other incidental duties (e.g. occasional photo copying or deliveries)
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree essential
- Sufficient experience in related manufacturing, quality and/or product development engineering,
- Experience working in a medical device industry