People management – supervision of production teams to ensure targets for quality/service/costs are achieved. This will be achieved through the application of an empowering style of leadership which draws fully on resources and capabilities of the team coupled with a positive Employee Relations approach. Essentially this will embrace the following:
- Providing timely feedback and review, and ensuring all performance issues are dealt with in a constructive and prompt manner
- Consistently applying company policies
- Ensuring that all employees are treated with the fairness and respect
- Facilitating open two-way communications regarding individual, team and company performance through weekly team meetings, daily interaction on the line and updating of on-line notice-board
- Liaising with line trainer to develop a training program to ensure smooth operation of department, development of product builders, health & safety of personnel
- Employee selection and hiring
- Planning – including developing /maintaining a viable plan incorporating hiring, training, capacity-modeling, efficiency/yield assumptions, ramp-rate, learning-curve etc
- Liaising with warehousing, quality assurance, bulk-packaging and other relevant parties to ensure prompt shipment of product
- Maintaining GMP / Housekeeping at a high level within the department through the involvement of all team members.
- Interacting and liaising with the other manufacturing teams and Logistics to prioritize backorders.
- Managing process and material flows, space management, and working with the Engineering group to maximize utilization of space designated for specific operations area.
- Administration duties which include Time and Attendance system, Holiday planning etc
- Provide leadership and direction for the advancement of Lean Manufacturing
- Establish and support a work environment of continuous improvement that supports the company’s Quality Policy, Quality System and the appropriate regulations for the area they support. Ensure employees are trained to do their work and their training is documented.
- Bachelor of Science/Engineering or relevant qualification
- 3/4 years’ experience in a supervisory capacity in a manufacturing environment
- Previous experience of people-management and demonstrated ability in people motivation, organizing and team building would be a distinct advantage
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good knowledge of GMP / FDA regulatory requirements, housekeeping, health and safety.
- Previous experience in metals processing would be an advantage.
- Solid record of attention to detail and strict adherence to procedures
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Lauren on 021 4911064 or email email@example.com