Our client based here in Galway are going through a period of growth and are looking to hire a Production Supervisor.
The purpose of the position is to supervise the processes and people within the Manufacturing / Production department.
- Maintain and promote a safe working culture and environment through the Operating System, ensuring all Health and Safety requirements and procedures are adhered to.
- Recruit, retain & engage high-performing personnel to support goal of Operational Excellence.
- Support associates with regular communication, daily huddles and cross functional meetings.
- Effectively manage employees performance, including coaching, counselling and initiating performance improvement plans where necessary.
- Drive cross training across all cells to develop associates and to achieve maximum versatility and flexibility within manufacturing.
- Maintain attendance, absence and accurate holiday planning records using time management systems.
- Ensure the accurate maintenance and updating of training matrix and cell KPI metrics.
- Maintain a culture of quality comes first i.e. before delivery, before cost and before KPI’s
- Effectively manage equipment & people to achieve and deliver on customer promise and customer request dates.
- Achieve and aim to exceed all relevant delivery focused Key Performance Indicators.
- Work cross functionally with Quality, Customer Service, Planning and Materials to ensure a cohesive approach to the delivery of budgeted metrics and other key performance indicators for the Plant.
- Achieve favourable production variances on a monthly basis.
- Manage job-closeout variances and material consumption issues.
- 3rd level Education to a Diploma/ Degree Level.
- Proven ability to lead cross functional manufacturing teams of 20-30 + associates.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proven proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Minimum 2/3 years’ experience in a supervisory role within a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and abilities to promote teamwork, delegation, individual responsibility and positive employee morale.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to coach, develop others and to build and maintain good working relationships at all levels within the organisation.
- Proven ability to stay highly engaged and self-motivated with demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Excellent co-ordination and planning skills with the ability to motivate teams to success.
- Strong decision-making skills including the ability to identify problems and develop alternative solutions to overcome challenges.
- Facilitating communications regarding individual, team and company objectives and performance through daily/ weekly team huddles and daily interaction on the line.
- Experience working with ERP and/or MRP software systems.
- Industrial Manufacturing or Electronic Engineering experience an advantage.
- Train the Trainer.
- Good working knowledge of SAP.
- Lean/ Continuous Improvement Experience.
For more information or a confidential discussion about this role please contact Michelle McInerney at email@example.com or 091 706 717