Our client, a leading manufacturer and designer of motion control systems and solutions is currently looking for a Production Supervisor to join their growing team in Cork. The Production Supervisor reports to the Operations Manager and will be responsible for planning resources, optimising processes and management of the production area.
Overview of Responsibilities (full job description available on request):
- Plan resources to meet targets.
- Management of the production, stores and aftermarket areas including team leaders, test technicians and assembly operators.
- Co-ordinate with production planning and customer service staff to achieve plans against Sales Orders.
- Ensure employee safety and the following of safety procedures at all times.
- Review and assess employee performance.
- Set and monitor employee objectives.
- Work with HR on recruitment and staffing for production, stores and Aftermarket areas.
- Coordinate the training and development of employees with the Learning and Development team to maximise employee flexibility through cross-training and to ensure employee growth.
- Develop, implement, and monitor performance indicators to run the business.
- Meet weekly/monthly production and shipping targets for Production and Aftermarket.
- Monitor and control Customer owned inventory and inventory for Aftermarket use.
- Ensure compliance with Dangerous Goods Transportation requirements
- Optimisation of the production process.
- Monitor production processes to identify opportunities through applying Lean and Continuous Improvement techniques and tools.
- Initiate, lead and support workplace change and innovation to meet growing business needs.
What the ideal Production Supervisor looks like:
- At least 8 years leading people in a regulated manufacturing environment.
- Experience in Known Consignor compliance.
- An Engineering qualification in Electronic Engineering or a related discipline is essential.
- A business qualification in Supply Chain/Logistics is an advantage.
- A Lean qualification with experience is an advantage.
- A Project Management qualification is an advantage.
- SAP experience is an advantage.
What you will get in return:
- Competitive Salary.
- 27 days AL.
- Subsidised Canteen
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Alicja Burchardt.