Production Supervisor - Co. Longford
We are delighted to bring another senior opportunity to the midlands market. Our client is seeking to recruit a Production Supervisor to be based at their manufacturing medical device facility in Co. Longford. In this role, you will have the responsibility of all functions and staff on shift to ensure that all plant Safety, Quality/GMP, Productivity, and Waste management objectives, policies, and procedures are met.
- Managing team performance, conducting Technician and Operator appraisals, and developing training plans for individuals.
- Driving the Quality culture by ensuring the work processes and procedures are adhered to, through Production pack review and approval as well as continuous evaluation and maintenance through the document control system as appropriate.
- Ensuring that the necessary training and up-skilling activities are carried out, evaluated, and documented to optimize production operator versatility.
- Ensuring that production efficiencies and targets are continuously met and reviewed with support from the Process Engineering & Maintenance teams.
- Ensuring Continuous Improvements are implemented and lean manufacturing activities are coordinated, implemented, and evaluated.
- Supporting new product introductions and change controls are effectively managed and introduced—liaison with engineering and management for scheduling and supervision of product trials, and validation runs.
- Production pack review and approval.
- Resource optimization/planning in accordance with order requirements.
- Recruitment of production employees in conjunction with HR.
- Liaison with Warehouse Supervisor regarding stock maintenance and control.
- Administration duties will include Time and Attendance System, Scrap/loss reporting, Holiday planning, etc…
- Routine participation in Quality initiatives, trouble-shooting, internal audit program/CAPA program.
- Degree in Engineering/Science/Business/Supply Chain Discipline
- Previous experience in a Supervisory role in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience working in the Food or Medical Device Industry is desirable
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in the development and installation of an ERP package or similar project experience is desirable
- Excellent PC system skills and experience in integrated systems essential
What we Offer:
- Benefits Package
- Workplace Flexibility
- Competitive total rewards
For further information or a confidential discussion please contact Paul Dunican at email@example.com or call Paul on 090 6417022.