Our client is looking to hire a Production Supervisor for their manufacturing facility in Fermoy, Co. Cork. The Production Supervisor will be required to manage and coordinate the activities of production personnel. Reporting to the Site Manager, you will be required to ensure that production schedules are produced in a timely fashion and to ensure that all operational, administration, H & S, and business controls are adhered to. The role involves managing a production team on a rotating days and evenings shift over 5 working days.
Overview of Main Responsibilities (full job description available on request):
- To ensure the plant meets its customer quality, service and safety goals through effective management of the secondary processing unit
- To lead and manage assigned operations manufacturing and liaise with support functions namely scheduling, maintenance and sales
- Maintain a safe working environment, ensuring that all H & S requirements and procedures are adhered to, including the reporting and resolution of all incidents or accidents and the correct use of specified PPE;
- Establish strong working relationships with all departments ensuring a cohesive approach to delivery of budgeted metrics and other key performance indicators;
- Ensure that all procedures relating to any aspect of production are fully implemented and adhered to, in line with customer and regulatory expectations;
- schedule and that appropriate control is exercised on overtime spend and other production costs;
- Recommend / implement improvements to standards and foster a culture of continuous improvement in production and safety;
- Ensure the site uptime is maximised through preventative maintenance programme.
What the ideal candidate looks like:
- Saw milling or heavy manufacturing experience is an advantage.
- 5 Years’ experience operating at a similar level within a production facility.
- Strong team player and experience leader in a production environment.
- Ability to engage and motivate production teams.
- Good Numeracy & Literacy Skills.
- IT literate.
What you will get in return:
- Competitive Salary.
- Discounted Healthcare.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aisling Lane.