Production Shift Manager
The successful Production Shift Lead will have responsibility for the effective and efficient operation a highly automated 24 / 7 food Production and Packing Department, where you will take ownership and accountability on shift for the department’s performance against agreed targets and key performance indicators (KPIs) ensuring continuous improvement across all key operational metrics
The Production Shift Lead will have responsibility for: a shift team of up to 14 Operators (plus 1 QA and 2 Engineers out of normal office hours)
Production Shift Manager Responsibilities to be included:
Production and Packing
- Take a proactive approach to managing all aspects of production and packing on shift identifying and supporting opportunities for continuous improvement
- Monitor all process controls points on a continuous basis
- Escalate any process or quality issue that cannot be adequately addressed by changes within normal operating parameters
- Monitoring and accurately recording usage, yield, quality and efficiency data to accurately track plant performance vs targets and budget and deliver planned production at the required quality.
- Ensure timely and accurate records are maintained and that all operational checks are carried out and documented
- Support the maintenance team to deliver best practice asset care through correct operation of process equipment and early escalation and resolution of potential issues.
- Inform maintenance of potential and actual mechanical problems and follow through to completion to avoid and minimise downtime
- Support the Production Manager in the preparation and delivery of annual operating budgets
- Provide clear leadership to the shift production team developing a culture of engagement through involvement
- Coach and develop direct reports through regular one-to-ones and a formal performance review process
- Ensure all shift Operators have received effective induction and formal training appropriate for the role.
- Manage shift holidays and absenteeism within the department, arranging cover for absences as required.
- Lead daily shift briefings as part of the DMS process encouraging engagement and interaction providing 2-way feedback
- Prepare comprehensive shift reports detailing department performance vs targets and standards
- Ensure effective shift handover at Team Leader and individual Operator level
FULL SPEC ON APPLICATION
Production Shift Manager requirements:
- Formal 3rd Level qualification or accredited training in any of the following: Supervisory Management orFood Science / Technology field
- Previous experience of shift supervision and team leadership in a production or manufacturing environment- Food or Dairy
- For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Tina Egan