An excellent opportunity has arisen in an established company, this role would be very well suited to someone with previous experience in planning, who possesses excellent communication skills and can spot, assess and resolve issues with ease if and when they arise.
About the role:
The Production Planner will be reporting to the Supply Chain Manager and will ensure that the supply of raw materials and production and capacity across the packaging plant are in line with the demand from our customers whilst minimising lead times and costs.
What you’ll be doing:
- Ensuring the accuracy of forecasted demand by liaison with Sales and Marketing on product and brand trends and future promotion.
- Be accountable for the demand placed on Manufacturing and Purchasing by the planning system
- Highlight any data inaccuracy and ensure correction to the demand.
- Advise Customer service on planned fulfillment of volume orders.
- Advise management on resource and capacity constraints and suggest possible solutions.
- Provide Finance with predicted planned revenue against the company budget.
- Advise Customer service of any expected order failures due to Manufacturing, Purchasing, plant, quality or data failures.
- Data, including Inventory reduction, lead-time reduction, etc.
What you need to have:
- Experience in supply chain management and/or production planning using S&OP processes.
- Highly structured and analytical mind with rigor and great attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-changing environment
- Expertise in the statistical analysis of demand patterns
- Management of supply (demand forecasting, etc)
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Edel O’Brien.