- Generate the Production schedule which is done through an ERP system.
- Ensure the schedule is balanced to maximize output and productivity.
- Liaise with Customer Service to ensure Customer committed dates are achieved.
- Prioritize and proactively manage customer escalations and issues that may cause a customer to de-commit
- Liaise with Purchasing and Warehousing to ensure that incoming shipment arrive on time.
- Proactively communicate with the Warehouse and Quality team to ensure critical incoming deliveries are prioritized
- Hold a daily meeting with Purchasing, Team Leads, Operation Manager to review list of part shortages. Planners will be required to have a full delivery schedule of all part shortages Proactively react to machine downtime and reallocate work accordingly.
- Highlight orders that have been held up in Work in Progress and liaise with the relevant department to derive a resolution.
- Monitor Outside Processing suppliers and ensure they are meeting their commitments.
- Ensure orders are released from Finished goods locations on time.
- Maintain Lean Principles within Plant
- Experience Required
- At least 3 years’ experience required working in a similar environment
- Experience working in a (manufacturing) background
- Excellent communication and I.T. Skills.
- Recognized Qualification in this area