Production Planner / Buyer
Fantastic opportunity for a Production Planner / Buyer to join an exciting new start-up in the Meath region. Interviews will commence in May.
Role and Responsibilities
- The primary function of the Production Planner is achieving targeted customer service levels, managing inventory levels and targets, and managing supply and demand within the company’s supply chain.
- To play a key role in the efficient operation of the supply chain and production processes of the plant
- To forge a collaborative partnership and close working relationships with all material suppliers and service providers to the company.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Plan and execute procurement of raw materials from global suppliers.
- Maintain strong working relationships and communications with manufacturing and key suppliers to confirm production/shipping schedules and monitor open purchase orders for all orders to ensure on-time deliveries.
- Proactively report product and material availability issues.
- Coordinate inventory planning and replenishment of raw materials and components in conjunction with our program management teams.
- Analyze and manage MRP, Source list, Material master/parameters.
- Revise essential system planning data to ensure we are effectively planning future requirements.
- Inventory Management: Support reporting, inventory parameters, reduction and reserve percentage measurements, Product Life Cycle management
- Maintain purchase order status and shipment tracking information through KPI’s.
- Supplier Management: RFQ, Cost saving initiatives, Negotiations, Supplier relationship/evaluation.
- Provide support to Customer Service, Sales team, Product Management with business and product strategy
- Participate and contribute to monthly operations, planning and forecasting reviews.
- Complete special projects and assignments as requested
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Bachelors degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain or minimum 5 years relevant and experience. Minimum of 3 years Supply Chain (planning & procurement) experience.
Knowledge and Skills
• Experienced with ERP systems
• Knowledge and understanding of Supply Chain concepts and application
• Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills
• Effective negotiation skills
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills (oral & written)
• Self-starter with ability to work independently under pressure and react quickly to changing priorities
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, presentation and negotiation skills. Detail and goal oriented, has the flexibility to deal with multiple and changing priorities while focussed on customer service and quality.
Ability to manage own time and workload, juggling conflicting priorities.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact David Lennon on 090 64 78104 or email firstname.lastname@example.org