Video for this job
The role of the production planner is to ensure the accurate execution of the production schedule in order to meet customer requirements and service targets. The planner will be responsible for using the organisation’s MRP system to anticipate material requirements for Production.
Your new responsibilities will be –
- Ensure that safe working practices are adhered to at all times, including wearing PPE as appropriate. Acquire knowledge of Health & Safety procedures, work instructions, and associated documentation. Comply with all Health & Safety Policies and instructions and actively contribute to Company efforts to promote safe behaviour and safe systems of work.
- Issuing of a daily production schedule and checking material availability against the schedule.
- Addressing MRP exceptions from QAD/EBR.
- Releasing production orders and reviewing Production schedules with manufacturing management.
- Issuing acknowledgement dates to customer service personnel/ order entry for customer orders.
- Issuing weekly capacity reports, detailing lead-times to all relevant staff and advising the Manufacturing management of extra shifts and overtime required to meet customer demand.
- Lead or take part in CI projects in the Production Planning and Scheduling area that improves the business OP.
- Communicate all schedule changes to Production and Material handlers to ensure the correct flow of material.
Ideally, the successful candidate will have the following –
- Third Level Qualification at Degree level or higher.
- Working knowledge of Material Requirements Planning (MRP) Systems.
- Three years’ experience in a Production planning role within a high volume manufacturing Company.