Based in Dublin 15 with an international company setting up their first Irish operations the Production Planner will be a vital cog in the efficient operation of the centre.
This position will work with site management, Product management, and Customer facing teams to provide capacity and Production Planning to manage customer orders and meet customer demand.
- Manages the production planning based on forecast, customer PO and in proactive communication with Product Companies, Engineering Design, Logistics Supply Chain Team and Management.
- Manage Product Company supply, ensuring orders are in place and tracking the delivery of all Product Company orders feeding into the production plan. Understand and Manage any standard Freight delivery changes into production and inventory plan.
- Opens and closes service orders in SAP, reviews and creates process-related documentation including verification of Tasklist data. Tracks production level and open order status, ensuring effective service order closures.
- Manage/Coordinate Handovers with Logistics and Supply Chain Team, and Warehouse Team Members.
- Manage any Engineering Changes occurring and impacts from new product introductions and product obsolescence. Identify/implement any necessary changes to supply, inventory and demand planning and financial provisioning.
- Supports Zone Leaders and Management in decision making and capacity planning. Maintains and updates the capacity model.
- Manage availability performance and supply of System Components, monitoring metrics and working with supply teams and internal customers to manage priorities.
- Responsible to ensure customer order priorities are met. Communicates actual and expected order statuses with representatives, maximizing customer service levels at the lowest supply chain costs.
- Provide Reporting for planning and Management needs. Support key KPI reporting and performance to Customer Service Level Agreement.
- Qualification in Engineering, Science or Business
- Detailed Production Planning knowledge and 2 to 3 years’ experience.
- Proven ability to deliver project objectives on time and to budget.
- Strong working knowledge of Customer Order Processing Transactions and ERP systems.
- Evidence of an analytical approach using qualitative and quantitative tools and techniques.
- Highly motivated and willing to take the initiative for implementing continuous improvements and to achieve set goals and objectives.
- Excellent communication skills, including well-developed inter-personal skills relating to internal management members and global operations personnel.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite. Knowledge of other transaction and planning systems (e.g. MAPICS, SAP) preferred.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Eoghan Dalton.